GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR QUOTATIONS, ORDER ACCEPTANCE, SALES INVOICES, PACKING LISTS AND DELIVERY CHALLANS
- Quotations are subject to order acceptance by the Seller (Alcon Electronics Pvt. Ltd.).
- Terms and Conditions as mentioned in the order acceptance shall be applicable.
- Unless otherwise specifically intimated by the Buyer, within a period of one week from the date of the Seller's order acceptance, the
terms and conditions mentioned in the Seller's said order acceptance shall constitute an agreement between the parties.
- Delivery schedule shall be as mentioned in the Seller's order acceptance.
- While delivery dates are indicative and not binding, the Seller in any case shall be entitled to cancel or postpone delivery for
reasons/circumstances beyond its control.
- Prices quoted are subject to change.
- Product specifications as appearing in Seller's catalogue, web site, specification/data sheet, etc. are subject to change without notice.
- Terms of payment shall be as stated in the order acceptance.
- For deliveries beyond 90 days of the order acceptance, prices ruling at the time of delivery shall be applicable.
- For export sales, products are sold on an FOB/FCA - Mumbai basis, or FOB/FCA the port of shipping in India. Parties agree that title in the
goods shall transfer to the Buyer upon goods being handed over to the carrier, whether carrier is named by the Buyer or otherwise.
- For sales within India, title in the goods shall transfer to the Buyer ex-factory of the Seller.
- Upon an invoice or any part thereof, remaining unpaid beyond the period mentioned in the order acceptance, the Buyer shall return the
goods, or any proportionate quantity thereof as determined by the Seller. All costs and expenses associated with such return of goods
shall be borne by the Buyer
- Interest @ 18% shall be payable on any amount outstanding beyond the period mentioned in the order acceptance.
- Should the Buyer for any reason fail to take delivery, demurrage @ 5%per week / warehousing charges at actual for goods stored
outside Seller's premises shall be payable by the Buye
- For domestic sales, the Seller shall insure the goods at its cost, and the Buyer shall co-operate with the Seller to recover any insurance
- Any sum received as advance shall be non-refundable if the order is cancelled by the Buyer, or if the Buyer fails to take delivery within a
period of 3 (three) months from being intimated that the goods are ready for delivery.
- Orders once placed may be cancelled by the Buyer only in case of any unwarranted delay in the delivery of goods by the Seller.
- The Buyer shall be liable for taking delivery and effecting payment once goods are manufactured following the order acceptance by the
Seller; unless the Seller at their sole discretion agrees to cancel the order or any part thereof. Any costs and/or expenses on account of
such cancellation shall be borne by the Buyer.
- Goods are warrantied against faulty workmanship or faulty materials for a period of 6 months from the date of manufacture. Further,
warranty shall apply only if goods are used in accordance with Seller's user guidelines and/or standard industry practices. Please see
product catalogue/web site for details.
- Buyer shall inspect the goods immediately upon delivery, and must make claims of any visible defects/complaints within a period of
7 days of delivery. Failure to make any claims within this time period shall constitute unqualified acceptance of the goods.
- If any product is found to have a manufacturing defect, Seller shall, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective product
free of charge.
- Buyer shall use the goods only for their intended purposes; doing otherwise shall disentitle the Buyer to the Seller's warranty.
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear of parts or for consumable parts.
- Seller shall not be liable to replace the product under the terms of this warranty where the defect has been caused or is attributable to
misuse / negligence, or use is contrary to the rated capability/capacity of the product, or contrary to instructions given in the
catalogue/web-site, or where the fault has been caused by improper user conditions, or where unauthrorised, unskilled personnel have
- Please retain original of Seller's invoice to avail warranty support.
- Process for claiming warranty:
A Buyer desirous of availing warranty must: (a) first lodge a formal complaint with the Seller, (b) upon receipt of acceptance of
complaint by the Seller, return the product, along with proof of purchase, to the following address: Alcon Electronics Pvt. Ltd., 34-B,
MIDC Industrial Estate, Satpur, Nashik - 422 007 India.
- The Seller assert their right in all intellectual property (including but not limited to trademarks, patents, copyrights, designs and
confidential information) used in relation to the goods, and the same shall not by used by the Buyer without the Seller's appropriate
and express permission. While the Seller shall be responsible for its intellectual property claims within the territory of India, the Buyer
shall be responsible within their territory for recognising and respecting any third party intellectual property rights in the goods.
- Dispute between the parties shall be subject to Arbitration to be held at Nashik under the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996;
and all disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Courts at Nashik, Maharashtra, India.